Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fatherhood


I became a father last year 10th of June when my daughter Glenda was born. Since then my life has changed, I no longer have as much time for myself as I like, I need to bathe her and change her diaper, and just spending time playing with her. Though it can be tiring, but it is also a joy to me.
As Christian parents, it is a God given responsibility to bring up a child. Children have impressionable minds and parents are given good opportunity to teach them the right values. I have read some Christian writings about bringing up a child, and below are some important points that I am learning.

  • Set a good example to your child, your child can observe you.
  • Spend time with your child, play with them, develop the bond with them.
  • Teach your child the bible at an early age, tell them bible stories, tell them about Jesus (Deut 11:19)
  • Have family worship and show your child how to pray (Deut 11:19)
  • Discipline and correct your child when he or she is naughty, cane the child if necessary (Proverbs 13:24)
  • Don’t exasperate your child, don’t make them bitter against you (Ephesians 6:4)
  • Finally father and mother need to love one another, don’t give your child a broken family. When children see that parents love one another, they have the security.

It is not easy to be good parents, that is why prayer helps, pray to God for grace and strength, pray for your child, may God help us parents to preserve godly seeds in these evil days.

5 comments:

  1. What a beautifully written post Lee. Is that a photo of your little one? If it is or not--what a cutie!

    The points you brought to light or good; Fatherhood does carry deep resonsibilities with it, along with the joy.

    Being the spiritual [as well as natural] head of house is a calling from the Lord.

    God bless...

    good post

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes she is my daughter. In case you wonder how I look, most commented that she is a clone of me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Had to smile Lee...

    did you notice todays bible verse at the top of the page?

    Today's Verse--

    Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
    Proverbs 22:6/KJV

    Fit right in with your post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Holy Spirit, for the confirmation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am smiling from ear to ear. Such a precious and beautiful child.

    Teachings while young are so important. Not only in what is scriptural, but also in our daily lives living what we believe.

    Blessings be unto you and family in Christ.

    ReplyDelete