Sunday, August 20, 2006

A Sunday Morning Word & Hello

Just wanted to say how thankful I am today for God's Grace in my life.

The world, and the majority of the folks in it seem to be going through a great time of confusion and tribulation....how thankful those of us can be, who know regardless of what is happening or what is behind the gathering storm clouds on the horizen, that we know for a surety we are safe in God's hand's. And come what may, His Grace and Mercy will carry us through unil the end.

In 26 years of knowing Him He's not let me down yet, and I'm counting on the promise that He never will.

May the Lord's love, grace and mercy, keep you today and through-out the coming week.

Matthew 5:8


Grace



Click to hear "Amazing Grace" being played in four parts on the Great Highland Bagpipe- http://www.bakedbean.co.nz/EPAMG.htm



Amazing grace, how sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I'm found
Was blind, but now I see.

'Twas grace that taught my heart to fear
And grace that fear relieved
How precious did that grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come
'Tis grace has brought me safe thus far
And grace will lead me home.

How sweet the name of Jesus sounds
In a believer's ear
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds
And drives away his fear.

Must Jesus bear the cross alone
And all the world go free
No, there's a cross for everyone
And there's a cross for me.

When we've been here ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun
We've no less days to sing God's praise
Than when we first begun


'TIS A CHARMING SOUND

By Paul Hume


"Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound: they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance" declared the inspired Psalmist of Israel. Psalm 89:15

This "joyful sound" related to the blowing of the silver trumpet for various holy day assemblies (Num. 10:10). However, there, is a sweet spiritual application for us here. Could not "the joyful sound" be what Phillip Doddridge and Augustus Toplady wrote of in their hymn "Grace! 'Tis A Charming Sound?"

"Grace! 'Tis a charming sound,
Harmonious to the ear;
Heav'n with the echo shall resound,
And all the earth shall hear.
'Twas grace that wrote my name
In life's eternal book;
'Twas grace that gave me to the Lamb,
Who all my sorrows took."


What a gem of truth lies in Acts 18:27, often never observed.

".. .who, when he, (that is, Apollos) was come, helped them much which had believed through grace" Dr. Bullinger states concerning the little preposition "through" (dia in the Greek) that "it includes the idea of proceeding from and passing out."

This would mean, then, that the grace which came out from God in Christ and had passed out to their hearing the Word of God, had caused them to believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

Therefore, we, like they, "believe through grace."

Blessed grace of God!

You probably have run in to someone who confessed "I just can't believe the Bible"

That person is partially right.

Of himself, he cannot generate the right kind of faith by which alone God saves people. It is all of the grace, the unmerited favor of God. And everyone who is honest at heart CAN become a recipient of this enabling grace to "believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house."

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! Of himself he cannot... yet By the Grace of God.

    It is so wonderful knowing it was God who caused me to believe. It is even more wonderful that He thought of me to help me see.

    Believe. More than the mere mention of believing there is a God, could be a God, but KNOWing now that to believe is to Believe every word that proceeds out of His mouth.

    I not only believe in Him, but believe Him; His word.

    I pray Thee for those who have ears to hear they too would be considered of God to Believe Him. That none should perish.

    Thanking Jesus. sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad for his wonderful grace sunshine--I see you are too!

    In our sin and ignorace we sat.

    If not for grace we'd still be sitting there today.

    ReplyDelete